Araxes Home

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Names

Posted by davidterry 
Names
January 04, 2019 10:28AM
By the way, the last litter (born on 12th January 2023) was a 'T' litter - that is all the puppies in the litter will have a name beginning with 'T'. Dogs have to be registered with the Kennel Club with the kennel name and an individual name. It is conventional to name all the puppies from the same litter with the same initial letter. So these puppies might be called Araxes Tino, Araxes Toro etc.

Of course, you can give a puppy whatever pet name you want. For instance, Wera's registered name was Wera vom Team Fiemereck but we called her Daisy.

On the other hand, I knew I was going to keep a female puppy from an 'A' litter so I registered her as Araxes Asta and we call her Asta.

I mention this because if anyone has a preference for any particular name beginning with 'T' then by all means let me know. I normally send the application for registration to the Kennel Club when the puppies are about a week old so I need to decide on the names then. The name doesn't actually get attached to a particular puppy until they get tattooed at just over 7 weeks of age which then identifies them and the name is at that point fixed on a particular puppy.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2023 11:21AM by davidterry.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login